We had a great first week and have begun to settle into our schedule nicely. I'm sure everyone is thankful for the weekend. Typically, we don't give homework on the weekend with the exception of reading 60 minutes on Saturdays and Sundays. Students were asked to take home their A.R. books to begin reaching their goals.
STAR Testing was completed in the computer lab this week, so I will begin conferencing with the kids and start Rigby testing next week. Reading zones and goals for 1st quarter will be determined during these conferences within the next two weeks. A form will be sent home with the information when I am done.
Students are expected to read 60 minutes every night if there is no homework to be completed. If an assignment takes 20 minutes, the remaining 40 should be spent reading. 20% of the 6th grade reading grade is based on Accelerated Reader (10% comprehension score, 10% point goal achievement).
Reminders for next week-
1. Parent signature on the Scavenger Hunt paper. If you lost it, you can down load it from the sight on the Policy, Procedure, and Protocol tab.
2. Toilet paper or paper towel rolls needed for Monday's S.S. class.
3. Mr. Hurley will be addressing the 6th grade students on
Tuesday, September 10th, regarding junior high policies and clarifying items in the handbook.
4. Picture Day is Wednesday, September 11th.
5. Open House is Thursday, September 12th.
5. Read over the Michigan Pledge on the S.S. tab.
Have a wonderful weekend! And thank you for all of your support. I'm looking forward to Week #2. I hope your children are as well.